Dr. Anushka Upamali Rajapaksha is a Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. She holds B.Sc. in Chemistry Special (Second upper) from University of Peradeniya (2008), M.Phil (Chemical Sciences) from University of Peradeniya (2012) and Ph.D. from Kangwon National University, South Korea (2015). Her research work includes development of novel engineered/designer biochar as innovative solutions to environmental issues, mainly for remediating toxic heavy metals and pharmaceuticals contaminated soil and water, Heavy metal dissolution, Environmental remediation etc. Dr. Rajapaksha has published more than 35 SCI journal articles (SCOPUS h index 19, Google h index 19 with 2500+ citations). Among those, many were published in high impact journals in the area of environmental chemistry/science. Publications in most journals are highly recognized in the area of Environmental and material science such as Environmental Science and Technology, Geoderma, Science of the Total Environment, Journal of Hazardous Materials etc. Some of the recently published articles are highly cited and some were considered as most downloaded articles in journal history.
- Phosphorus sorption capacity of biochars varies with biochar type and salinity level
- Removal of hexavalent chromium in aqueous solutions using biochar: Chemical and spectroscopic investigations
- Medical geology of endemic goiter in Kalutara, Sri Lanka; distribution and possible causes
- Effects of carbon nanotube and biochar on bioavailability of Pb, Cu and Sb in multi-metal contaminated soil
- Biochars as Potential Adsorbers of CH4, CO2 and H2S
- Adsorption of ammonium in aqueous solutions by pine sawdust and wheat straw biochars