Dr. Anushka Upamali Rajapaksha is a Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. She holds B.Sc. in Chemistry Special (Second upper) from University of Peradeniya (2008), M.Phil (Chemical Sciences) from University of Peradeniya (2012) and Ph.D. from Kangwon National University, South Korea (2015). Her research work includes development of novel engineered/designer biochar as innovative solutions to environmental issues, mainly for remediating toxic heavy metals and pharmaceuticals contaminated soil and water, Heavy metal dissolution, Environmental remediation etc. Dr. Rajapaksha has published more than 40 SCI journal articles (SCOPUS h index 26, Google h index 27 with 5000+ citations). Among those, many were published in high impact journals in the area of environmental chemistry/science. Publications in most journals are highly recognized in the area of Environmental and material science such as Environmental Science and Technology, Geoderma, Science of the Total Environment, Journal of Hazardous Materials etc. Some of the recently published articles are highly cited and some were considered as most downloaded articles in journal history.
- Dissolved organic matter characterization of biochars produced from different feedstock materials
- Municipal solid waste biochar-bentonite composite for the removal of antibiotic ciprofloxacin from aqueous media
- Clay-biochar composites for sorptive removal of tetracycline antibiotic in aqueous media
- Sorptive removal of pharmaceutical and personal care products from water and wastewater
- Biochar-based engineered composites for sorptive decontamination of water: A review
- Sorption process of municipal solid waste biochar-montmorillonite composite for ciprofloxacin removal in aqueous media