Prof. Hiran Amarasekera, B. sc. (Hons.), Ph.D. (Wales) FIBiol (Sri Lanka) C.Biol, is a Professor in Forestry and Environment Science at the Department of Forestry & Environmental Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. He received his PhD (Forestry) from the University of Wales, Bangor. and BSc from University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Hiran is interested in interdisciplinary research related to Wood Science, Timber Technology and Forest Proucts. To date, his research works have led to several publications in respective fields.<embed>
- Investigating Hydroscopic Property of Historical Timber against Load Bearing: A Case Study on Ambalam(s) Sri Lanka
- Utilisation of Wood Waste in Moratuwa Wood Working Industry
- Preliminary investigation on ancient timber structures through microscopic analysis.
- Socio-Technological status of Moratuwa wood working industry
- Upgrading wood based industries in Sri Lanka with special reference to Moratuwa furniture cluster
- Evaluation of Structural Aspects of Timber Roof Designs in Sri Lanka