Prof. Hiran Amarasekera, B. sc. (Hons.), Ph.D. (Wales) FIBiol (Sri Lanka) C.Biol, is a Professor in Forestry and Environment Science at the Department of Forestry & Environmental Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. He received his PhD (Forestry) from the University of Wales, Bangor. and BSc from University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Hiran is interested in interdisciplinary research related to Wood Science, Timber Technology and Forest Proucts. To date, his research works have led to several publications in respective fields.<embed>
- Evaluation of Cutting Time and Waste Generation in Different Band Sawmills in Sri Lanka with Special Reference to Teak Timber
- Comparison of Seasoning Defects due to Different Kilns and Kiln Schedules for Teak
- Investigation of Properties of Rubber Wood Related to Solid Wood Flooring
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Plantation to the Proceeded Wood Products via State Timber Corporation Depots for Selected Tree Species using Life Cycle Assessment
- The effect of quality attributes in determination of price for plantation-grown Teak (Tectona grandis) logs in Sri Lanka.
- Investigation of Sawmill Management and Technology on Waste Reduction at Selected Sawmills in Moratuwa, Sri Lanka