Welcome to my homepage. I am Dr. Jayantha Lanel, a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics of the Department of Mathematics at University of Sri Jayewardenepura (USJP). I joined the Department of Mathematics at USJP in 2010. In addition, I am an academic counselor for Mathematics of Faculty of Applied Sciences.
In the wide realm of mathematics, I have developed a special interest in numerical analysis, this is the area in which I have done some research work for my master degree at Sri Jayewardenapura University.
I completed my Ph.D. thesis titled Complex Root Isolation under the supervision of Professor Charles Cheng and graduated from the Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan in 2009. In my thesis, for a given square-free polynomial p, compute exact number of zeros of p in a rectangle R when there is a zero of p on the boundary of R.
My core research interests lie in Computer Algebra (symbolic mathematics), a relatively young area of Mathematics that provides plenty of tools to many scientific areas, such as engineering and physics.
After completing my doctorate, I decided to expand my research interest by working on some problems in Graph Theory (Computational Discrete Mathematics) and Queueing Theory , two of the extensive and popular branches of mathematics, which has been applied to many problems in mathematics, computer science, and other scientific areas.
- Hamiltonian cycles in Cayley graphs of semidirect products of finite groups
- Identifying the Optimum Path and the Positions of the Bends in PVC and DI Pipes in Underground Water Lines
- A Model To Reduce Traffic Congestion In Colombo City
- A CONTEMPORARY RECAPITULATION OF MAJOR FINDINGS ON VEHICLE ROUTING PROBLEMS : MODELS AND METHODOLOGIES,A CONTEMPORARY RECAPITULATION OF MAJOR FINDINGS ON VEHICLE ROUTING PROBLEMS : MODELS AND METHODOLOGIES
- Analysing the Time of Bed Availability in Intensive Care Unit of Accident and Orthopaedic Department Using Survival Analysis
- A survey on Hamiltonicity in Cayley graphs and digraphs on different groups
- Analysis of the Queue at Neuro-Trauma Centre of National Hospital in Sri Lanka
- Integer Quadratic Programming (IQP) Model for Cut Order
- DESIGNING THE TRAFFIC PHASES USING GRAPH COLOURING AND BOOK THICKNESS TO REDUCE THE TRAFFIC FOR A SELECTED JUNCTION IN COLOMBO CITY
- Develop a model to map client’s people development requirements and the delivery of the service to achieve effective results
- A Queuing Model to Optimize the Performance of Surgical Units
- A Model to Optimize University Course Timetable Using Graph Coloring and Integer Linear Programming
- A Strategy to Reduce the Waiting Time at the Outpatient Department of the National Hospital in Sri Lanka
- ENHANCING THE WORK PERFORMANCE OF COASTAL AND SUBURBAN DIVISION OF SRI LANKA FORT RAILWAY STATION USING GRAPH COLORING
- Possibilities of Sharing Multi Species in a Cage Based on Their Food Preference Using Graph Coloring