Priyan Perera is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Forestry & Environmental Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Priyan received his PhD (Forestry) from the Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge LA, USA in 2011. He also holds dual Masters’ degrees in Forestry and Environmental Management from the same University.
Priyan is interested in interdisciplinary research related to Environmental management and Forestry. His research interests and some of the ongoing research projects are related to sustainable tourism, sustainable tourism planning in protected areas, biodiversity, environmental certification and forest certification.
Recreational Ecology; the scientific study of environmental impacts resulting from recreational activities in natural areas and their biodiversity is a field of study where most of his present research works are focused on. To date, his research works have led to many international publications in respective fields.
- Factors Affecting the Visitor Satisfaction at Ecolodges: Implications for Ecotourism Development in Sri Lanka
- Indian Pangolin (Manis crassicaudata) in Yagirala Forest Reserve: Ethnozoology and Implications for Conservation
- Reasons for Failures in Wildlife Crime Investigations and Court Procedures of the Department of Wildlife Conservation in Polonnaruwa Assistant Directors’ Region of Sri Lanka (Qualitative Study)
- Response of tropical avifauna to visitor recreational disturbances: a case study from the Sinharaja World Heritage Forest, Sri Lanka
- An Ecological Assessment of the Panama Lagoon Complex, Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
- The effect of quality attributes in determination of price for plantation-grown Teak (Tectona grandis) logs in Sri Lanka