Name :- D.L.S. Ananda (Delgoda Liyanage Sarath Ananda)
Profession :- Lecturer in English / Currently the Head , English Language Teaching Unit of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda , Sri Lanka.
Research Interests :- Applied Linguistics, Currently engaged in a research on flipped modelling in language teaching.
Publications:- "Business English" , a book for university students , 2000 , Upuli Printers Galle.
Present Administrative Positions at the University:-
* Head- English Language Teaching Unit
* English - Activity Coordinator/UTEL (University Test of English Language) Coordinator for all faculties-
* Member of the faculty board- (Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences).
* Coordinator- (Faculty Financial, Infra-structure and Technological Development
Committee - faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
* Member of Faculty Extended Courses Development Committee.
* Member of Faculty Information and Communication Technology Development
* Faculty Coordinator- Out Bound Training (OBT)
Foreign Scholarships and Training:-
- Certificate of Training in “Shaping the Way We Teach English”
(American Center -New Delhi India) -2008.
- Scholarship on Advanced Teacher Training Programme
(English and Foreign Languages University – Hyderabad) 2010.
- Material Development Project- Writing materials for UTEL-band 5 for the University of Sri Jayewardenepura – by attending the project at - English and Foreign Languages University – Hyderabad-2014.
- Global thirty University Project- Ritsumeikan University-Japan, Participated as a resource person. (July-2015)
* 22 years of experience in teaching English at university level in the capacity of instructor in English and a lecturer in English.
Public Paper Presentations:-
* Overcoming Challenges through innovations-a presentation at Ritsumeikan University –Japan
* Presented a paper on “English Language Teaching Possibilities through Japanese
short stories of Kawabata Yasunari”at the National Conference on EUE (Enhancing