Dr.Shantha Gamage is a Senior Lecturer in Physics attached to the Department of Physics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. He earned his B.Sc. Special Degree in Physics from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura in 1995 with First Class honors. He completed his M.Sc. & Ph.D. degrees in Physics at Tohoku University, Japan under the Japanese Government Monbukagakusho scholarship program. He has been serving as an academic staff member at the Department of Physics since July 1997. His current research interests are on Solid-Earth Geophysics, Seismology and Wave propagation. His recent publications are based on Subduction zone earthquakes, Seismic activity of onshore and offshore of Sri Lanka & Sumatra Subduction zone, Crustal structure of offshore Sri Lanka and Acoustic properties of Traditional "Pirith chanting". He is a Fellow of Institute of Physics, Sri Lanka (IPSL) and life member of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Crustal Structure Of Mannar Sub Basin - Sri Lanka Using 2D Gravity Modeling
- Estimating Sedimentary Thickness of Lanka Basin using Digitized Scanned Seismic Sections
- Development of Sodium Copper Phosphate Cathode for Sodium Ion Battery
- The commercial viability of producing urea by utilizing natural gas discovered in the marginal reservoir Dorado
- Subsurface structure of the offshore Trincomalee, NE of Sri Lanka
- Recognition of Vowels for Sri Lankan Traditional Pirith Chanting Using Formant Variation