Meththika Vithanage is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka and an Adjunct Associate Research Professor at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She has received several awards from, TWAS-NSF Award for the Young Scientist, American Geophysical Union, Presidential Awards for Publications, Awards for science popularization and for post graduate supervision by the National Science Foundation, Sri Lanka. She is a Young Affiliate of the Third World Academy of Sciences. Currently she is the Chairperson of the Young Scientists Forum on the National Science and Technology Commission of Sri Lanka. She has contributed more than 80 Science Citation Indexed journal articles and 25 book chapters. Her citation record is now passed 2100 with an H index of 23. She has an i-10 index of 38 which represents the number of papers having more than 10 citations.
- Characteristics of Municipal Solid Waste Biochar: Its Potential to be Used in Environmental Remediation
- Mechanistic understanding of crystal violet dye sorption by woody biochar: implications for wastewater treatment
- Aging effect of organic and inorganic fertilizers on phosphorus fractionation in a calcareous sandy loam soil
- Phytoremediation Using Constructed Wetlands to Treat Reverse Osmosis Rejected Concentrates
- Use of Biowaste for Mine Site Rehabilitation
- The impact of biosolids application on organic carbon and carbon dioxide fluxes in soil