Professor Sampath Amaratunge, presently the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, obtained his B.A. (Hons.) in Economics from the same university and his M.A. in Economics from the University of Colombo.
With a M.Sc. in Economics of Rural Development from the Saga National University and a Ph.D. from Kogoshima National University in Japan, Prof. Amaratunge counts over 25 years of service as an academic at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. He has published more than 50 articles in international and national refereed journals and proceedings.
Prof. Amaratunge was also a recipient of the prestigious Research Excellence Award in 2002, awarded by the Kyushu Society of Rural Economics, Japan, which is in addition to several other local and international awards. He is considered as an expert in the field of Economics with special reference to Rural Development. Read More...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF ENTREPRENEUR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SRI LANKE
- The changing roles of Sri Lankan academic libraries: a case study at USJP library
- A STUDY OF CONSUMER CREDIT BEHAVIOR IN SRI LANKA GOLD MARKET
- A MICRO LEVEL APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE BASED ECONOMY: CASE OF SRI LANKAN ENTREPRENEURS
- AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT FAILURES IN SRI LANKA
- Development of Vehicle Transhipment in Sri Lanka: Case Study of Hambantota Port
- Vice Chancellor's speech at Opening of DBT - AIST International Laboratory for Advance Biomedicine
- Vice Chancellor's speech at Inaugural Board Meeting of the Faculty of Engineering
- Vice Chancellor's Speech at Orientation Program/ B.Com. (General) External Degree program
- Speech on 105th Commemoration of Ven. Hikkaduwae Sri Sumangala Thero.
- Vice Chancellor's Speech at Workshop On Preparation of Organizational Results Framework